In the face of these uncertain times, your continuous support means a lot to us and our cafe partners. Like us, most of you are small businesses who are feeling the heat with the current state of affairs, that's why we want to support you in any way we can.
Below are some of the steps you can take in your businesses to survive the current climate:
- Prioritise profitability - if sales drop, make sure your wages come in line with revenue
- Talk to your accountant/bookkeeper to get a clear focus on cash flow management
- Keep your key people employed where feasible
- Implement revenue-driving initiatives (e.g home delivery, more takeaway suitable items)
- Planning for what it might look like when trade goes back to normal, people will financially be feeling the pinch but want to socialise and prioritise local business like yours. Be ready to show up for them and tailor your offering to suit their needs.
GOVERNMENT PAYG INCENTIVES:
- Call your accountant and discuss what government kickback are on offer as it relates to your PAYG withholding for full-time employees.
IF PERSONAL OR COMMERCIALLY RENTING:
- Call your landlord and ask for payments to be deferred and lease end date to be pushed back (if your landlord has a mortgage it will most likely be deferred for 6 months).
IF YOU HAVE A MORTGAGE:
- Call your bank today and ask for payments to be deferred for 6 months.
IF YOU HAVE A PERSONAL LOAN/CREDIT CARD:
- Call your provider today and ask for payments to be deferred 6 months due to hardship.
APPLY FOR A GOVERNMENT LOAN:
- Head to your state's website and fill out the form to get some cash to see you rebuild on the other side of this.
- For QLD you can visit https://www.business.qld.gov.au/
- For NSW you can visit https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/2021-covid-19-business-grant
APPLY FOR QLD GOVERNMENT SUPPORT:
The Queensland Government has announced Lockdown Support, applications are due to open mid-August.
Businesses may be eligible for financial support through the 2021 COVID-19 Business Support Grants. $5,000 grants will be made available to small and medium businesses across Queensland affected by the COVID-19 lockdown that commenced on Saturday 31 July 2021 and lockdowns in other states.
Additional information on applying, including the opening date for applications, will be available in the coming days.
CLICK HERE for more information on the QLD Grant.
APPLY FOR NSW GOVERNMENT SUPPORT:
Applications are now open for the 2021 COVID-19 business grant for businesses that experienced reduced demand or had to close due to the public health orders. It will provide businesses with cash flow support for the first 3 weeks of the Greater Sydney lockdown (26 June to 17 July 2021).
CLICK HERE for more information on the NSW Grant.
APPLY FOR JobSaver:
Three different grant amounts will be available depending on the decline in turnover experienced over a minimum 2-week period from 26 June 2021 to 17 July 2021, compared to the same period in 2019:
- $7,500 for a decline of 30% or more
- $10,500 for a decline of 50% or more
- $15,000 for a decline of 70% or more.
Applications for the NSW grant will close at 11:59pm on 13 September 2021.
JobSaver application are also now open; where eligible businesses and not-for-profit organisations with employees will receive fortnightly payments backdated to cover costs incurred from week 4 of the Greater Sydney lockdown (from 18 July 2021 onwards).
The JobSaver payment will be equivalent to 40% of the weekly payroll for work performed in NSW:
- minimum payment will be $1,500 per week
- maximum payment will be $10,000 per week.
CLICK HERE for more information on JobSaver.
You're not alone, we will get through this and most importantly you can always call us or drop us a line on
social and email.
Please note: This is in no way financial advice these are only the steps we think are worth considering for businesses to navigate these times.
From us at Blackboard Coffee Roasters, We hope that you, friends, family and colleagues are staying safe and doing your part to help our wider community. If we can help or assist in anyway, please reach out to us and we will do the best we can.
Blackboard Coffee Roasters